“You put your thoughts in order while you are finding your way through the busy city or through a rural environment to your challenging job. Today, the patient is number one and there is room for personal attention for all (domestic) animals. During your shift, of which you do not yet know what it will look like, you will do everything to care for every patient as well as possible. You will work in a continuously developing environment with innovative technologies in the field of veterinary care. Do you like a country where a no-nonsense approach is the standard and does the above appeal to you? Then don’t hesitate and read on!”
Perhaps the most important is your great love for animals. We treat them all, from large to small, faithful four-legged friends to exotic animals. We think they all deserve the same high standard of treatment, which we would like to provide with your help. You will do this with the help of the latest technologies. You will reassure concerned pet owners by doing everything you can to help their beloved pet. Moreover, you are the one who stays calm. As an emergency veterinarian, you jump into situations that can change at any moment and you know how to deal with stress. You don’t have to worry about the Dutch language and culture: we will teach you that! Together, we will make sure that you can safely live and work in the Netherlands as a fully registered veterinarian.
You are unique and that is exactly what we are looking for at Yovema. We embrace all kinds of talents and will also work with you based on your personal preferences and growth. In any case, it is important that you:
- Are a university graduate in possession of a diploma
- Have at least two full years of work experience as an independent veterinarian, in which you gained experience in emergency situations.
- Have a valid passport from an EU country
- u are in possession of a valid driving license.
- Good command of the English language. It is a big plus if you have followed your education (partly) in English.
- Above all, you are very enthusiastic about starting this adventure with us!
For your enthusiasm and commitment Yovema offers:
- Dutch language and culture training, partly in your home country, partly in the Netherlands
- Work at veterinary clinics throughout the Netherlands on the basis of a 40-hour week (including language lessons)
- A schedule that allows you to work a number of weeks and then have a number of weeks off so you can go to your home country (if you wish)
- Assistance with housing and transport
- Support and a social safety net in a new environment
- A salary rising to a minimum of €3,000 at the time of full-time work after full completion of the language and culture course
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for motivated veterinarians who are willing to do the job of emergency vet in the Netherlands. Because you will be working in the Netherlands, you will of course also learn the language. With our help and guidance, we will work together towards your personal success!
You are an enthusiastic veterinarian who fits into a warm and hardworking team. You know how to work independently and decisively because of all the experience you gained in the past. Your social and communicative skills are also great. It’s also very important that you can work under pressure and have no problem with a diversity of shifts.
Are these your qualities? Then apply quickly.
Do you have respect for people and animals? Do you think you can communicate well with animals and their owners? Do you know how to tackle problems and anticipate other issues? Physical stamina and emotional stability are also a must.
Do you recognize yourself in this vacancy and are you curious which organisation we have in store for you? Then write a motivation letter, add your CV and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us during office hours on the Dutch telephone number: +31 416 235 686.
See you soon!